Food Ordering System (ER Diagram)
ER Diagram for Food Ordering System
This ER diagram describes the data model of food ordering system. The modeled system supports various restaurants with different menus. Each menu item allows the customer to choose extras. Coupons can be applied to order to get discounts.
The ER model includes these ERD entities:
- Opening Hours - defines at which time the restaurant is open on individual weekdays.
- Weekday - an enumeration entity with the particular weekdays (Sunday - Saturday)
- Menu - specifies the offered food by the restaurant defined with referenced menu items.
- Menu Group - defines the groups within the restaurant menu (such as soups, appetizers, salads, main courses, dessert).
- Menu Item - defines a dish offered by the restaurant.
- Menu Item Extra - defines side dishes and possible modifications to the menu item.
- Order - an entity that includes the customer choice in the restaurant.
- Order Item
- Order Item Extra
- Order Status - the order may be in one of these statuses: Draft, Ordered, Preparing, Checking, Prepared, Delivering, Taken Over, and Cancelled.
Download ERD of Food Ordering System
The example of ER diagram for food ordering system can be download here. After downloading you can edit it using Software Ideas Modeler diagramming editor.Food Ordering System (ER Diagram)