Save Tab (Options)
Project Saving (Group)
Image saving - allows you to choose from various options how to save the images to the project:
- Embed images - images are serialized directly to the project file. (It produces bigger project files.)
- Copy images to project directory - images are copied to the parent folder of the project file and linked as references.
- Relative link to images - images are preserved on the original paths on the disk and saved only as references in the project file. (WARNING: This may cause that images will be not loaded on other devices.)
Embed custom diagrams - enables saving the definitions of the used custom diagrams together with the other project data. It ensures that the custom diagrams will be readable on all other devices without installing custom diagram definitions from provided separate files.
Auto save on close - automatically saves the project on each close without asking.
Open Window Saving (Group)
- Save open windows to separate user file (.user) - information about open diagram tabs and windows is saved to a separate file. It is useful when multiple users access the file (e.g. via versioning system) - the .user file may differ between the users.
- Save open windows to project - information about open diagram tabs and windows is included in the project file.
- Do not preserve open windows - information about open diagram tabs and windows is not preserved in any form.
Auto Backup (Group)
Auto Backup group allows to turns on/off auto backup and sets the backup methods.
Auto Backup check box turns on/off auto backup. If it is checked auto backup is active and you can adjust the other backup options.
Backup interval specifies how often will be the backups created. The internal is set in minutes. The default backup interval is every 10 minutes.
Last preserved backups defines how many backups will be preserved for each project. The default setting is 1.
TIP: If you set it to 6 and backup internal to 10, you will get a complete backup of your 1-hour work progress in 10-minute steps.
Smart backup preserving tries to choose which backups will be most useful and deletes the less useful to fulfill the 'Last preserved backups' setting. If 'Last preserved backups' is set to 1, smart backup preserving has no effect.
Backup path allows defining the path where the backups will be saved. If it is empty - the project directory is used. You can use relative or absolute paths. When you click on the Browse '...' button, a dialog will show, in which you can choose the directory for backups.
Auto backup on open - creates a backup at each opening of the project. It must be enabled if you want to use the 'Restore Project to Original State' feature.
Auto backup on close - creates a backup at each closing of the project.
Auto Export (Group)
Auto Export group allows to activate automatic exports and set the details of this feature.
If Auto Export is checked, the auto-export feature is enabled. This feature allows creating other files based on the project on each save. This feature does something only if you check at least one of the following checkboxes:
- Export images - exports all diagrams in the project to image files. You can set details of this export by clicking on the Settings button. Subfolder textbox specifies the relative path (relative to the Export path) where will be saved the exported files.
- Export to XMI - exports all diagrams in the project to XMI files.
Subfolder textbox specifies the relative path (relative to the Export path) where will be saved the exported files.
Export path specifies the basic path where will be saved all exported files. If it is empty - the project directory is used. You can use relative or absolute paths. When you click on the Browse '...' button, a dialog will show, in which you can choose the directory for backups.
Connection Strings (Group)
Auto save connection strings - saves the connection strings that were entered in the Import dialog.
- Version 13
- Version 7