CRUD Matrix (Diagram)
In this tutorial, we'll walk you through the various features of the CRUD matrix editor and show how to use them to create and manage a matrix of CRUD functions.
CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) matrix represents the four basic functions of persistent storage in a database, a system, or an application. The matrix is typically used to represent the permissions or capabilities of different roles in an application.
The matrix consists of tasks in the rows and roles in the columns. The cells in the matrix contain the letters C, R, U, or D, indicating whether a particular role has the ability to create, read, update, or delete the task.
The CRUD matrix editor consists of a toolbar with specific editor actions and a grid that allows you to edit the CRUD matrix. In the bottom part, under the grid, you can find the buttons that allow you to switch between the editor (Matrix button) and the diagram representation of the matrix (Diagram button).
The toolbar contains several buttons that allow you to perform various actions on your matrix. Here's a breakdown of what each button does:
- Add Task: This button opens a dialog box where you can enter the name of a new task to be added to the matrix.
- Add Role: This button allows you to add a new role to the matrix.
- Remove Task: Use this button to remove a task from the matrix.
- Remove Role: This button allows you to remove a role from the matrix.
- Sort: This button opens a dropdown menu with options for sorting the matrix. You can sort the tasks in ascending or descending order or sort the roles in ascending or descending order.
- Export: This button allows you to export the matrix to a CSV file.
- Print: Use this button to print the matrix.
Let's take a look at the grid itself. The grid is made up of rows, columns, and cells. The rows represent tasks, while the columns represent roles. Each cell in the grid contains a button with the initials C, R, U, or D, which stands for Create, Read, Update, and Delete, respectively.
To create a new task or role, simply click the Add Task or Add Role button in the toolbar. This will open a dialog box where you can enter the name of the new task or role.
To remove a task or role, select it in the grid and then click the Remove Task or Remove Role button in the toolbar.
You can sort the matrix using the Sort button in the toolbar. Simply select the option you want from the dropdown menu and the matrix will be sorted accordingly.
To export the matrix to a CSV file, click the Export button in the toolbar. This will allow you to save the matrix to your computer as a CSV file.
Finally, you can use the Print button to print the matrix. This is useful if you want to have a hard copy of the matrix for reference.
That's it! With these basic instructions, you should now be able to use the CRUD Matrix editor to create and manage your own matrix of tasks and roles.