Email Client - Mark All as Read (UML Activity Diagram)
A UML activity diagram example that depicts a for-each loop using an expansion region element. The example shows the algorithm of marking all email messages as read.
For-Each Loop in UML Activity Diagram Example
A for-each loop can be represented using expansion region in UML activity diagram.
The diagram can be drawn this way:
- Add an initial node
- Add an expansion region
- Set expansion region mode as Iterative
- Drag a new expansion node from the toolbox to expansion region Show name
- Rename expansion node to Email
- Connect the initial node with the expansion node using a control flow
- Insert a decision node, an action node, and a merge node to the expansion region and connect them using control flows
- Add an output expansion node, an activity final node, and connect them using control flow.
UML activity diagram for an email client - mark as read