How to Apply Your License Key
How to display dialog for the license key
There are two ways how to apply your license key depending on whether your trial expired or not.
1) If your trial license expired (one hour trial or 30-day trial) and you start Software Ideas Modeler, you will see the following dialog:
If you want to insert your purchased license, which allows you to use the application, click on Activate button (the second button from the top). The Activation dialog will show.
2) If your trial license is still valid, you can continue to the main window of application, open the Help menu and click on item 'Activate For Commercial Use'. Then the activation dialog will show
How to activate the application
In the Activation dialog, there you can click on button 'Insert License File' and insert the license key file using Open File dialog. Or if you know the exact path, you can enter it directly into the text box (on the right of the Insert License File button). The application remembers only the path to your license file, so you cannot delete or move it after activation.
'Instance Licensed To' box should contain the name of user, who uses the instance of your license. If you have single license, it is your name. If you purchased the multi-license, you should name your licenses according the full names of the individual users.
Then insert the license ID, you received with your license, into the 'Instance License ID' box. If you purchased multiple licenses, you received multiple license IDs. Each license ID is dedicated for one user.
When the path to the license key, 'Instance Licensed To' field and 'Instance License ID' field are filled, you can click on Activate button. Program evaluates your combination of license key and license ID and if everything is OK, the following dialog will show:
Check your license
If you want to check your license sometime later, you can do it using License Info dialog. It is accessible from Help menu ('License Info' item).
The dialog includes the following info:
- Software Edition - Your currently used edition of Software Ideas Modeler
- Name - Your name or name of your company, you used at purchase
- E-mail - Your contact e-mail, you used at purchase
- Instance Licensed To - The name of the user of the open application
- Valid From - The date from which your update license is valid
- Valid To - The date to which your update license is valid (not the license for use - it is valid forever for all versions of Software Ideas Modeler released between Valid From and Valid To date)
- License Count - The maximum number of your licensed users
- Older Versions
- Version 13+