Improved Entity-Relationship Diagramming and More with Software Ideas Modeler 13.95
Improved ER Diagrams and Better SQL DDL Support
The latest version of Software Ideas Modeler features numerous improvements and enhancements to the Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) and SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) capabilities. These changes make it easier for users to generate visual representations of their data structures and relationships and to better understand the structure of their code.
One key improvement is the addition of support for Collation to ERD Entity Attributes. This feature allows users to specify the sort order for data stored in an ERD entity's attributes, providing greater control over how data is organized and stored. Additionally, support for Identity Seed and Increment has been added to ERD Entity Attributes, further increasing the granularity of control users have over their ERD data structures.
Another notable change is the improved SQL DDL parsing, which has added support for unique constraints, collations, and indexes. This improvement helps ensure that users can more accurately generate diagrams from their SQL DDL scripts and ensures that the data model represents the database more precisely.
In terms of performance improvements, the file size of projects with ERD entities has been optimized - the project files can be up to 15 % smaller in size.
The option to generate documentation with or without project folder hierarchies has been added, allowing users to choose the format that best suits their needs. The work with tabs with documents has been improvemed to match the diagram tabs capabilities - now the tab context menu provides the ability to rename and delete documents.
Another major improvement in this release is the updated auto-routing algorithm. The new algorithm provides better results for connector paths, making it easier for users to create accurate and visually appealing diagrams.
The new version also brings several bug fixes, including fixing issues with showing the Plus button on the tab bar, application crashes, and display problems in the diagram editor. The calculation of combo box width for the sequence message and cursor color for the code editor in the dark mode have also been fixed.
- Documentation generation with/without project folder hierarchies (Default/Non-Hierarchical Folders)
- Added support for Collation to ERD Entity Attributes
- Added support for Identity Seed and Increment to ERD Entity Attributes
- Showing documentation for the element in the tooltip (in the diagram editor)
- Showing attributes of ERD entity index in the tooltip
- Text added to drawing shapes is rendered by main text style
- Added support for showing the Properties dialog for ERD indexes using the context menu directly from the diagram editor
- Documents can be deleted and renamed using the tab context menu
- Snap lines width is not affected by the editor zoom anymore
- Added TermsOfService tagged value to OpenAPI diagram
- Added some missing keywords to the SQL DDL syntax highlighting
- Improved SQL DDL parsing - added support for unique constraints, collations, and indexes
- Optimized file size of projects with ERD entities
- Improved template syntax highlight for dark mode
- Improved auto-routing for connector paths
- Added support for sub-templates to documentation script templates
- Searching next using F3 in code editors
- Fixed showing Plus button on the tab bar when no project is loaded
- Fixed application crash when trying to navigate in the closed diagram editor using the Preview sidebar
- Fixed application crash when reverse engineering source code to diagrams in some cases
- Fixed setting custom types with greater-than <, less-than > signs in the name to attributes directly from the diagram editor
- Fixed displaying relationship name when it is set to hidden
- Fixed formatted text rendering in the diagram editor for high dpi resolutions
- Fixed issue with deleting a selected document from the project sidebar
- Fixed applying padding style to SysML Requirement element
- Fixed some issues in the property fields layout
- Fixed resolving relationships from SQL DDL when using the dialog
- Fixed missing foreign key settings for attributes in the reverse-engineered data model
- Fixed diagram table drop-down layout for high DPI resolutions
- Fixed SQL DDL parsing for some cases
- Fixed unwanted value clearing in the type column in the Properties dialog for ERD Entity
- Fixed calculation of combo box width for the sequence message
- Fixed the cursor color for the code editor in the dark mode
- Fixed adding global documentation templates