Styling Diagrams - Save and Reuse Styles for Efficient Design
1. Quick Styling with the Context Bar
Begin your journey into diagram styling with the context bar, a user-friendly tool for rapid adjustments. Here's how to use it:
- Select an Element: Click on the diagram element you wish to style.
- Choose Colors: Use the color buttons to change the background color, create gradient backgrounds, adjust border color, or modify text color.
- Adjust Border Width: Click the button with parallel lines to change the border width.
- Apply to Multiple Elements: You can also select several elements to apply these styles simultaneously.
2. Exploring the Style Sidebar
For more extensive styling options, the Style Sidebar is your go-to resource. Access it by clicking the 'four pencils' icon. Here's what you can do:
- Navigate Style Groups: The styles are organized into groups like Background, Border, Texts, Layout, and more for easy navigation.
- Customize Styles: Choose from various line styles, fonts, text alignments, shadows, glows, and layout parameters like padding.
- Apply and Experiment: Use these styles to add a unique touch to your diagrams.
3. Saving and Reusing Styles
Creating a consistent look across multiple diagrams is efficient with saved styles. Here's how to save and reuse a style:
- Create Your Style: After styling an element, open the Styles Sidebar and select 'New by Style of Selected Element' from the dropdown menu.
- Name and Save Your Style: Give your style a name (e.g., 'MyBlueStyle') and click 'OK'.
- Reuse Across Diagrams: Apply this saved style to other elements by selecting them and double-clicking your saved style.
4. Practical Application
Apply these styles to various elements, including diagram fields like attributes and operations. This flexibility allows for a cohesive and professional appearance across your entire diagram.