File (Ribbon Tab)
Save - Saves the open project with all its contents. If you use the save for the first time, it will work the same way as Save As.
Save As… - Saves the open project with all its contents in another file you choose in the save dialog.
Open Project… - Opens a file (chosen in the open dialog) for editing. If the current window is empty (no project is open), it is used for opening the chosen project. If the current window contains a project, the new window is open.
Close Project - Closes the current project, but do not close the application window.
New Project - Creates a new project. If the current window is empty (no project is open), the new project will open in this window. If the current window already contains a project, the new window with an empty project will be open.
Print - Shows Print page, where you can select the diagrams you want to print. You can also adjust the print settings and see the print preview before you actually print the diagrams.
Send By Email - Runs system e-mail client with the current project file attached. Instead of system e-mail client, Software Ideas Modeler allows to use the custom built-in e-mail client (choose menu Tools / Options, click on E-mail tab in Options dialog and uncheck 'Use system e-mail client').
Export - Shows submenu with commands, which export the current project to another non-native formats.
- Image - Shows the Batch export dialog, which allows you to export the chosen diagrams of the current project to images.
- XMI - Exports the current project to XMI (XML Metadata Interchange) format.
Update - Updates projects from the SVN repository. Project has to be saved on disk in SVN checkout directory.
Commit - Commits the changed project file to the SVN repository. Project has to be saved on disk in SVN checkout directory. Before commiting the dialog for log message is shown.
Options - Shows the Options dialog, which allows to adjust application settings.
Help - Shows a submenu with another options (Help, Software Activation, etc.) and displays a page with information about the program.
- Online Help - Starts your browser and opens the online help on the official website of Software Ideas Modeler.
- Web Site - Starts your browser and opens the official website of Software Ideas Modeler.
- Example Project - Opens an embedded example project.
- Activate For Commercial Use - Shows the dialog where you can insert your activation code, you received by e-mail after purchasing the license. If your copy of Software Ideas Modeler is already registered, on place of this menu item is displayed 'Commercial License Activated' text.
- License Info - Shows the dialog with your license information. It is available only for registered copies.
- Change Edition - Allows to change the edition of application to Standard, Professional or Ultimate.
- What’s New - Shows the dialog with release notes. You can see there what changes are made between versions.
- Check for Updates - Allows you to check whether newer version of Software Ideas Modeler is available for download.
- Send Request - This command is available only for registered users. It shows the dialog, from which you can send your request for feature or other message.
Exit - Closes the current window or the whole application if the current window is the last one.