Mind Map (Diagram)
A mind map is a diagram that allows you to express ideas and complex information in a visual form. The diagram is built up circularly around the central node (which is depicted as an ellipse).
Mind Map Symbols
There are only three elements that are used in mind maps:
- Mind Map Start - a start node that represents a central idea or main topic of the mind map. It is depicted as an ellipse by default.
- Mind Map Node - a node that represents a piece of information. It can be connected to the mind map start node or another mind map node. It is depicted as a rounded rectangle by default.
- Mind Map Edge - a connector element that links a node to another node and allows you to form the hierarchies in the mind map. It is depicted as a simple undecorated line. The default line style for the connector is Smooth (but you can change it to any other style).
Mind Map Creation
You can create a mind map with Software Ideas Modeler very easily. Add a new diagram of the Mind Map type. The diagram will be added to the project. It is initialized with a mind map start node in the center of the diagram.
1. Click on the mind map start node to select it and press the F2 key to edit its name.
2. Choose Add Node from the context menu to add first-level nodes that will be directly connected to the mind map start node.
3. Select any mind map to add details to them in the same way as for the start node - choose Add Node from the context menu. You can add a subnode for any mind map node.
If you want to delete a node from the mind map, you can use Remove Node from the context menu. It is a better choice than standard delete (using the Delete key) because apart from the selected node, it also deletes the corresponding edge and connects the parent node with the subnodes.
Mind Map Example
Mind Map Creator
You can download our mind map software here: