Software Ideas Modeler offers several features falling under the term diagram generation:
- hierarchy diagram generation
- UML diagram generation from the textual definition
- project hierarchy diagram generation
- focused element relationship diagram
- source code reverse engineering
- database reverse engineering
- Gantt chart generation
Focused Element Relationship Diagram
You can create a diagram from your existing model with a chosen central element and all its relationships on the sides. If you want to create one, you can follow this instruction:
- 1. Navigate to the desired element and select it in the diagram editor.
- 2. Open Model Navigator:
- from Ribbon / View (tab) / Model (group) / Model Navigator (button)
- from Menu / View / Model Navigator
- using the keys: CTRL + SHIFT + M
- 3. Click on Add Diagram to Project button in the top bar of the Model Navigator window
- 4. The diagram will be created in the project. The diagram elements will share the model with the original elements.
Project Hierarchy Diagram
If you want to generate a UML package diagram for your project you should use the Project Hierarchy Diagram feature. It will create a diagram with a package hierarchy. Each package represents a project folder within the current project. The packages are connected with containment relationships. To add such a package diagram to your project use this action:
- from Ribbon / Project (tab) / Generate Diagram (group) / Project Hierarchy Diagram (button)
- from Menu / Project / Generate Diagram / Project Hierarchy Diagram
UML Diagram Generation from Textual Definition
Software Ideas Modeler provides a specialized tool for UML diagram generation from the text. You can describe the relationships between classes using the "ASCI art" code. You can also choose which kind of UML diagram you want to generate.
The relationships can be described using these commands:
- generalization A <|- B
- unspecified association A - B
- unidirectional association A -> B
- bidirectional association A<-> B
Generate Gantt Chart from Project
Software Ideas Modeler allows you to define tasks with time estimates in your project. Some tasks may be dependent on others. You can generate a Gantt chart for the project task using the top toolbar button Process / Generate Gantt Chart in the Task Management window. The Gantt Chart will be generated only for currently displayed tasks. So you can adjust the filters in the Task management window to show only the tasks of a sprint or between specified dates.
The generated Gantt chart can be further adjusted - the size of the table, the width of the task pane, and also the style of the particular tasks or other parts of the diagram.