Bugs found in Software Ideas Modeler please report here.
Thanks a lot ^_^
It works perfectly now.
Keep up the good work.
Using Version 3.29.3794.35119
Every time I try and save my project I get a NullReferenceException.
Even if I just loaded it and try and do a Save or Save As action it throws the Exception. The project loads with no visible errors or warnings thrown.
Is there a way I can include my project with the bug report so you can easily debug it?
Here's the Stack Trace:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SoftwareIdeasModeler.ProjectXml.SimXmlWriter.Save(String fileName)
at SoftwareIdeasModeler.MainForm.SaveToFile(String filename)
at SoftwareIdeasModeler.MainForm.saveToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.ProcessCmdKey(Message& m, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.ProcessShortcut(Message& m, Keys shortcut)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.ProcessCmdKey(Message& m, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
Try this version:
If it solved your problem, let me know, please - I will release it officially.
If the problem still remains, use this version:
and send me the text of exception. When you use the debug version, back up your project file before saving, because the file could be permanently damaged.
The patch fixed the issue.
Fixed the problem for me too. I was about to abandon. Thanks for the good work!
Thank you for your feedback. I try to fix critical errors as soon as possible. This patch is now officially available as version 3.30.
Rendering bugs everywhere. I'm constantly wrestling with getting stuff to display in the proper Z-order. It's a joke! Also, you can't make two associates between objects. That is, have a dependency one way but an associate the other way. Try modeling MVC for example, it won't work because the lines overlap and there's no reliable way to fix that.
Thank you for this response. New major version will be better in many ways. Z-order will be handled more automatically.
Two and more associations between objects are possible (and can be correctly displayed), when you lock start and end point via the context menu and move the points to the desired position. I admit that it can be annoying, when you repeat it several times - some automatics would be definitely better. Therefore I will try to improve it in the next version.
this tool is wonderful! Keep up the good work.
Now, I discovered some bugs:
1) It is impossible to break line in association middle label.
2) And this one is really annoying - I tried to edit the defualt style, and changed the font size to 12pt, unfortunatelly some labels (because they cannot be broken down into more lines) are just cut-off.
3) When using the elegant style, the exported PDF does not show labels! This can be overriden, though, by using a PDF printer such as doPDF. So the underlying problem might be in the pdf-producing library you are using.
I have diagrams with classes into packages and others nested component. Sometimes (it seems to appear after a copy-paste) everything starts flickering no matter if I send to back/front object they continue to appear/disappear randomly ?
Pasting of nested elements is improved in the new version 3.28.
In one of my diagram I have a "text" object that I can't move or delete. But I can still modify the text inside.
element can't be moved, when it is locked. Locking and unlocking can be performed using key shortcut CTRL+L. However, locking doesn't prevent deleting only moving.
Have you tried to delete this text object using context menu command Delete from diagram?
Further details are welcome.
This problem happens again on a class so I can give you more details:
- I can modify the name of the class
- the context menu (right clic on the class) just show "export diagram", "show grid", "snap to grid" and not the usual class context menu
- when selected there are no anchors to resize the class and no toolbar to add a property/operation... is displayed under the class
- all items of the Element menu are disabled
- lock via the menu or ctrl+L doesn't change a thing
- the problem appeared after copying part of a diagram into an empty one.
Hi, thank you for details. I have identified the problem. It will be fixed in version 4.0.
When saving an ERD i get a null reference exception. It will save if all fields are entered, except if i do not enter the value for size, it will crash. You probably want to default the value based on type or warn them or something.
Fixed in version 3.28.
Hi. A couple of graphics issues with the class diagram. These are low priority things, just something to be aware of.
1) When exporting to PDF, dashed lines (realization, dependency) become solid lines.
2) Diamond on aggregation or composition is often mishaped and misaligned with the connection line. The problem becomes even worse in PDF export.
3) When I click or double-click on any connection label (such as where you would put 0..* for example) to enter new text the label moves slightly. It's almost as if I started dragging it a little bit.
4) Zoom in by CTRL+mouse wheel jumps too much sometimes. When I'm zooming it beyond 100% (middle of zoom-in slider) it feels like it jumping quarter of the slider at one wheel move.
5) It would be nice if CTRL+mouse wheel zoom in would zoom onto where the mouse cursor is. See how google maps works for an example.
All in all, great app. Thanks for releasing it.
Thanks for these suggestions. Estimated release date for next major version is June 30th.
There is a problem with user interface diagram in 3.26 version.
Create new project.
Create new user interface diagram.
Place Window on it.
Open saved project.
Program will crash.